TapToTalk Home Give your child a voice
Home | Order | Product | User Reviews | Customer Zone | Contact

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How a Teacher and Student Both Have Fun with TapToTalk

Joanne O'Leary is always willing to share her experiences with fellow TapToTalk users. She's kept us posted on how she uses TapToTalk with her non-verbal student in Why a Little Girl with Apraxia Loves Her TapToTalk and  Another Great Way a Girl with Special Needs Uses Her TapToTalk. Here is her latest report:
I have been having so much fun designing my student's TapToTalk. Social interaction is a big part of a child's life. I have one screen of feelings. She loves to go over and tell her friends, "I like you, you're my friend" with her TapToTalk. I also have a pic of someone getting pinched and I recorded the words, "don't pinch me it hurts."
On the play screen, I have a picture of a nurse and if she chooses that it goes to all the things in the dramatic play center we have set up for our doctor's office: shot, bandaid, stethoscope, etc. 
Thanks again, Joanne. We all appreciate your ideas and love to hear about your student. She's lucky to have you.

If you have a TapToTalk idea or story you'd like us to share with other TapToTalk users, please email us at blog@taptotalk.com.

The TapToTalk Team
www.taptotalk.com
blog@taptotalk.com
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Blog Google+