First, you need the images of the signs. The Lesson Tutor web site has American Sign Language (ASL) and Signed English (SE) symbol images that are "reproducible for educational, non-commercial use." To access these symbols here are two Lesson Tutor links:
1) Learn American Sign Language (ASL) and Signed English (SE)
2) American Sign Language (ASL) and Signed English (SE) Available Vocabulary Index
Second, you need to upload one of these symbol images to TapToTalk Designer. From the Lesson Tutor site, save the image on your computer by right-clicking and using the menu that pops up. Then upload it from your computer to TapToTalk Designer as you would any other picture file. For more information about adding your own pictures, see the Adding Your Pictures to the Picture Library topic under the Picture category in TapToTalk Designer Help (subscribers only) or in the TapToTalk Support Center (anyone).
Here are some other resource links you may find interesting:
- Autism and ASL
- Sign Language-Nonverbal Users
- Alternative Augmentative Communication for Children with Autism: PECS and Sign
- Sign Language and Autism-Children Who Are Autistic
If you have a TapToTalk idea or story you'd like us to share with other TapToTalk users, please email us at email@example.com.
The TapToTalk Team