TapToTalk Home Give your child a voice
Home | Order | Product | User Reviews | Customer Zone | Contact

Friday, March 12, 2010

Tips and Tricks: How One Mom Set Up Her TapToTalk Albums

Here is how Carrie Goodale Dunlap got started setting up TapToTalk albums for her son who loves to sing:
We have had Tap To Talk for a few weeks and so far we have two albums, Home and School. Under the Home album we have 7 categories. Play, eat, drink, go, help, bathroom, and singing (we sing a lot). Under the play category I have puzzle, books, music, animal figures, TV, and his music blocks toy (his fav toy). Under the TV and book categories I plan on adding images of specific DVDs and books that are his favorites.
Under the food category I have snacks, fruit, sandwiches, pizza, breakfast, and ice cream. I uploaded images for the specific foods he likes [that] go with each of those categories for him to choose. Some of those go a few "layers" deep. For example if he wants Cheez-Its he presses food, then snack, then crackers, and then the type of cracker he wants.
Under the sing category I uploaded images of his favorite songs. Some songs that have parts for him to participate. I added additional images that go with them. So for Old MacDonald he presses sing, then old MacDonald, then which animal he wants to sing about. I also did "wheels on the bus" like that so once he selects the bus, images representing the parts of the song come up and he can choose which ones he wants to sing about as we go. I did audio of them as well.
I will be adding a family category soon.
For school (my son is in Kindergarten), the main categories are snack, rewards, bathroom, help, therapy, and sing. Under the therapy category I put OT, PT, Speech and under each of those the specific activities that they do. I have the DSi so I went into the school and took a bunch of pictures with it of the items that he actually uses and then uploaded them to the [TapToTalk Designer] website and added audio.
There is a lot more that I plan on adding as we incorporate the TTT more and more into his school day. I need to figure out how to use the jumps as well.
We LOVE Tap To Talk!

We love hearing about how you're using TapToTalk, Carrie. We especially like the ideas about using TapToTalk to sing with your son. And thanks for sharing this with others.

How do you design your TapToTalk albums? If you have a TapToTalk idea or story you'd like us to share with other TapToTalk users, please email us at blog@taptotalk.com.

The TapToTalk Team
http://www.taptotalk.com/
blog@taptotalk.com
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Blog Google+