TapToTalk Home Give your child a voice
Home | Order | Product | User Reviews | Customer Zone | Contact

Monday, February 15, 2010

How TapToTalk is Helping a Non-Verbal 17 Year Old Girl

We are always happy to hear when the TapToTalk is helping a non-verbal child communicate. We wanted to share the following feedback we recieved about a girl who loves her TapToTalk.
"I work for an agency that provides support to people with Autism in residential settings. I purchased this product for a 17 year old non-verbal girl who has severe tantrums due to the lack of expressive communication. She is still learning how to use it proficiently but she picked up on the basics very quickly. She loves it!

It took me a little bit to navigate the set up program but once I figured it out I was able to build a personalized and effective library for her. I love that I was able to incorporate pictures of her family and program my voice (because she's a girl and she needs a girl voice).

The instructional videos online where very helpful. This program is VERY inexpensive compared to the other bulky hard to use augmentative devices that can run from $1500 to $3000. Not to mention the Nintendo DS systems are socially acceptable because every kid I know (and some adults too) carry these around everywhere.

Our company is excited about this and we will be getting more for other participants that we support."

Kimberly Lehuanani Andrus
If you have a TapToTalk idea or story you'd like us to share with other TapToTalk users, please email us at blog@taptotalk.com.

The TapToTalk Team
http://www.taptotalk.com/
blog@taptotalk.com
 
Facebook Twitter Pinterest Blog Google+